Eligibility for Medi- Cal depends on an individual’s:
1. Age-Ages 0 to 64 may qualify.
2. Immigration Status -Refer to chart on previous page for eligibility.
3. Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
- You must be at or below 138%* of the FPL to meet Medi- Cal’s household income requirement.
- An Applicant’s household size and income are used to calculate their FPL.
4. Household SIze- Includes the following members in your household:
- Married partner (or unmarried partner if you have mutual children or file taxes together)
- Children (biological and adopted) and unborn children.
- Dependents (anyone under 21, that you take care of and lives with you)
5. Household Income- Includes the income of all people in the household:
- Self- employment
- Earned Income (employment wages, salaries, profits, tips)
- Unearned Income (disability, retirement, pension, unemployment, child/ spousal support)
- Deductions (student loan interest, alimony, early withdrawal of savings)
DACA recipients: Full coverage Medi-Cal is available to qualifying DACA beneficiaries.
Courtesy of UCLA Labor Center